Saturday, October 22, 2005

Feeding The Beast, I mean Bub

Four-and-a-bit-months into the pregnancy and all I can think about is food. Forget about the wardrobe challenges and health issues and where Bub is developement-wise - I have never been so continually hungry in my life.

I wake up in the middle of the night to take a leak, and I'm hungry. When the alarm goes off, I'm already half-awake, and hungry. By the time I get into the office, I'm hungry. Half an hour after lunch, I'm hungry. I'm eating four meals a day, and I'm still hungry. If I don't have a sandwich while cutting up the veggies for dinner, I won't actually make it to dinner. I go to bed hungry, and dream about food.

For someone who used to get by on a $1 fruit scone for lunch, all this eating is driving me crazy. It's not me, it's the beast within. The beast requires constant feeding.

No comments: