Sunday, October 02, 2005

Bali

And I thought I had a bad night.

Listening to the news, about the only thing that's pissing me off more than the callousness of the terrorists is the callousness of the media constantly harping on about the number of Australian fatalities, as if that was the only thing that mattered.

Thirty-one other people are dead, you parochial leeches. Thirty-one other people who aren't going to come back to bed, or wake up hungover, or eat breakfast, or go to work. Thirty-one other people who won't be saying Good Morning to their families and friends like you blithely say Good Morning to Lexie and Howard and then ask idiotic questions about whether Australians were being targeted.

People are dead! Everyone is being targeted! I personally find this much scarier than the fact that I happen to have an Australian passport. Do your damned jobs, or get off our airwaves and put the people with phonecams on instead.

No comments: