Tuesday, May 23, 2006

Boo Hoo

The old skribe kiss of death has worked again. See, any time I discover a product I really like and I keep buying it in preference to any other similar product I soon find that the product inevitably becomes discontinued. This time it is bacon. For the last few years I've been buying Globe Meats back rashers mainly because unlike every other brand available they're not overy fatty. Today I found out that Woolworths (the only place I know where you can buy them) has discontinued the line. So the kiss has worked again. To make matters worse, after a brief web search - hoping to be able to order them direct - I discovered that Globe have been sold to the same people that own Watsonia. I guess it is time to say good bye to bacon. Maybe my arteries will thank me in 100 or so years.

Tags:

No comments: