Friday, May 27, 2005

Notice

After a scheduling mix-up I had an hour to kill before my meeting so I wandered around Technology Park and Curtin. Here are some things I noticed:

  • The municipal body in charge of Bentley are evil geniuses that like to save money on footpaths by:
    • Either not providing any, or
    • requiring pedestrians to zigzag across a major thoroughfare to follow them because they only provide paths on one side and that side keeps changing halfway along a street.
  • Some of the rubbish bins are still stencilled with WAIT - it became Curtin University of Technology in 1987
  • They're expecting the student population at Curtin to decrease - new student carparks aren't paved.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

TELL ME ABOUT IT!
i live in Como! and go to Curtin!
it is ridick!
i'm glad you blogged about it. because it was on my list to do.
Cheers, mate! (i'm learning australian)