Sunday, May 22, 2005

Book Meme

  1. Total number of books I’ve owned

  2. TP and I are bibliophiles so our combined collection easily exceeds over 1000 books.

  3. The last book I bought

  4. For Whom the Bell Tolls - Ernest Hemingway

  5. The last book I read

  6. I'm still working my way through For Whom the Bell Tolls. Before that I completed And to Say Nothing of the Dog by Connie Willis.

  7. 5 books that mean a lot to me

    1. Brewer's Dictionary of Phrase and Fable - I read something from this nearly every day.
    2. Macquarie Dictionary - my dictionary of choice
    3. Macquarie Thesaurus - despite Alan Moore suggesting that writers should throw away their thesauruses and improve their vocabularies, I prefer to have a backup for when I lose my mellifluence.
    4. Lord of the Rings by J.R.R Tolkien- I read it at least once a year and have since I was 15. Back then it was hard to find. My aunt bought me my first copy and it took her weeks to find it. Even then she got the one without the appendices. I now have three complete editions.
    5. Stainless Steel Rat's Revenge by Harry Harrison - I read this one every year and have since I was 14. Pure escapism.

No comments: