Tuesday, July 25, 2006

It's the simple things...

For the last few days I've been doing some post-production work on a corporate video for a firm in West Perth. It's all pretty basic stuff (fancy graphics, touchups, titles, etc), but it can be time consuming. Some of them take hours to do one setup. Others are literally five minutes work.

Today I visited the client to show him what I'd done. To see if there was anything I needed to fix. Apart from a few suggestions and a complete rewrite of one of the scenes (not a bad thing because the concept didn't work and it looked ugly) everything went swimmingly.

However, it never fails to amaze me that no matter how much time I spent on perfecting a scene it will always be the ones that I spend the least amount of time on that most impresses the client. Today it was the five-minute job, which consisted of me importing a graphic and applying two effects to it. That's it. But it did look pretty cool when it had finished rendering.

No comments: