Thursday, January 19, 2006

Boomin' Clueless

I seem to be encountering more and more people that:

  1. don't have a sense of humour;
  2. don't have a clue.
For instance the other day I met a young mother and we were talking about the recent baby boom. She was wondering about the reason for it.

I made the comment that I thought there were three-thousand reasons why there was a sudden increase in the number of births. She just blinked at me.

I then reminded her that the government was paying $3000 for each new brat. She then proceeded to do a complete segue and rant about teenage mothers and how they were bludging off the system. She made a point of indicating that her husband had a job. Woohoo!

I then asked her why she thought there was a baby boom. She just shrugged and said, 'I don't know.'

Clueless.

No comments: