Saturday, August 27, 2005

Hypothetical Hypotheticals

Either I'm going mad, or Channel 9 is a lying prankhole and inept.

Just at the end of their 6 o'clock news, as I walk back into the lounge to change the channel to something tolerable, they off-handedly recommend you tune in to Geoffrey Robertson's latest Hypotheticals: Australia Under Attack, with such featured guests as Beazley, Abbott, and Australia's favourite "recalcitrant" Dr Mahathir.

Cool! thinks I. When? But apparently that bit wasn't important enough to repeat. I've been frantically Googling and even scouring 9's wretched website and TV guide and finding not one reference to it. If Geoff wasn't doing the Denton show I'd have sworn I'd imagined the whole thing.

This is so inane. I refuse to accept that the only way to find out current information on what Channel 9 is screening is by leaving the TV permanently tuned in to them. Feh.

No comments: