Friday, September 02, 2005

WA Spring Poetry Festival 2005

The Gallery Watch shoot at City of Melville's Art Awards was cancelled at the last minute - boo! - leaving me all dressed and with nothng to do on a Friday night. It *was* going to be my first proper go at presenting and interviewing on camera, but there'll undoubtedly be other opportunities to make a fool of myself later on.

Almost went along to watch the shoot covering the WA Poetry Festival launch do at the Town Centre, but came to my senses and went shopping for things to surprise Skribe with instead. Hey, I like a good poem as much as the next person, but a social function full of poets is no sane person's notion of a good time.

The following week marks National Poetry Week proper, and it looks like there're some fun activities organised for within the city and elsewhere. Pity it's the same week I have to undergo a barrage of tests for bub's sake. Barely a tadpole and already messing with my life. O joy.

No comments: