Thursday, September 29, 2005

Pregnant Pause

Bought my first maternity dress to day. Not that I actually need one yet - barely beginning to bulge - but when a new frock costs less than your takeaway lunch it's really really difficult to put it back on the rack.

But Bub's starting to show, and clothes are becoming an issue. Even the fat pants are getting tight, and I'm realising most of my wardrobe fits a size 8 chick who's fast going the way of Moby Dick.

And that's just the immediately obvious. I looked through the baby section in Myer's the other day and thought What The Feck Are All These Things? We've got by as a species without half this equipment, haven't we? What it really comes down to, it's just nappies and more nappies, right?

So I'm in an occasional panic. I have no idea what's coming, but I have absolutely no justification for worrying about anything, since medical opinion agrees Bub appears all fine and within normal parameters. On the other hand, I do worry about where we're going to put him, as well as him listening to me swear all day at the computer. All that stress and aggro can't be good for him, although he'll probably develop a choice vocabulary.

And I worry about clothes. Clothes are tangible. The bulge of Bub isn't quite as. Perhaps it's just a looming fear of the unknown, or a fear of fucking up big time.

Either way, it's too late to back out now. Clearly, I need to go shopping more.

No comments: