Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Never Mind Names, What About The Date?

Got bled today in the name of bub - first trimester screening for HIV, rubella, and, according to my doctor's handwriting, squiggle, wiggle, and wavy line.

The pathologist looked over the details on my form, dialled her secret decoder disk, and announced that my due date would be the 4th April. My doctor reckoned 27th March, while Skribe and I figured early March by looking up a calender. So I'm apparently two weeks more pregnant than first guessed, but the baby's arriving later?

Huh. Bub's barely a tadpole and already a procrastinator.

5 comments:

skribe said...

Definitely your side of the family.

jessp said...

yeah, I was due on the 4th of April 20 years ago. I ended up being born on the 18th of April. So it's definitely not an exact science

skribe said...

That comment was just a very unsubtle ploy to get presents from us, wasn't it? =)

jessp said...

meh, you can come to my 21st next year, bub in tow ;)

skribe said...

Let's hope Bub isn't late. Could make it a very interesting 21st though.