Monday, July 04, 2005

One year

One year on and not much has changed since we started here. Oh, we've perhaps written a bit more, made some new friends, and pissed more people off, but all-in-all things remain mostly as they were. We're still making short films and television shows, we still haven't won the lottery jackpot and the fellow inhabitants of this small, blue planet continue to scare us with their inability to embrace reality.

Looking back at the past year of blog posts the one that sticks out the most for me is this one (WARNING: it's long). I really found an interesting narrative voice there. I also revealed the true depth of my mania not only to the world, but, more importantly, to TP - who up until then thought I was just pretending. I will note that she now understands why I did what I did, because she now loves hers too.

Six months on and perusing through the list of NY resolutions I'm very happy to report that I've only managed to achieve one of the things on the list. I'll let you work out why I'm so happy.

I suppose I should finish by once again exposing my pathetic first post:

About bloody time
Yes, it has taken me this long to finally pull my finger out and do something about this. Now I too can join the hordes (or should that be whores?) of nascent, wannabe writers and journalists and add my mindless thoughts and uninformed opinions to the constant babble that haunts cyberspace.

Just don't expect a prolific amount of attention or wordage.
As I said, not much has changed.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

i love your blog.
i still want to talk to you about television and schizophrenia and other things.
cheers
keith