Saturday, April 01, 2006

That Day of the Year Again

Admittedly, I'm not looking very hard, but apart from Slashdot having a bit of fun with its website, there doesn't seem to be much else happening. Is April Fools' Day dying out? Or is it just not a slow-enough news week?

Months ago, I thought it would be amusing to have an April Fool's baby (and since I'm technically overdue - according to one set of calculations - it could yet happen) but now I'm not so sure anymore. True, no one would forget his birthday. On the other hand, he'd have to put up with the sort of gag gifts and japery other people think is hilarious for the rest of his life.

Ah, well, the waiting game goes on. Anything but 4th of April, fingers crossed. I don't think any of my more superstitious relatives would forgive me for that :)

No comments: