Wednesday, January 03, 2007

The Return of the Zombie MilkCow!

Babies are a time sink.

Not only that, but they completely and utterly take over your life.

And worse, they completely re-wire your brain. Becoming a mother, I've just realised, means it is now impossible to think about yourself. Baby is now your whole world and all your outlook.

You go shopping for clothes for yourself, and end up buying some darling little hat/shirt/socks for the baby. And you don't even notice!

You know how people make NY resolutions about giving up smoking and reading more literature? Heh. Mine are to make time for frivolities such as meals and showers. As to books... all the books I've read recently tend to be in primary colours, are waterproof or made of thick cardboard, and have cheerful titles like: Turtle & Friends! Jumping Frog! My First Colours Board Book!

I love my JOOB, but seriously, I can't wait for the little blighter to grow up so I can think and act rationally again. If I squint, I can just make out what my old life used to look like, way over there, waving to me from a great distance...

1 comment:

Lolly said...

Enjoy it while you can. You'll get your life back in about 20 or 30 years - and it will come sooner than you think!