Friday, June 24, 2005

What the cat dragged in

This was taken almost two weeks ago at TP's insistence. However she was too gutless to post it. Now I have time to scratch I thought I'd do the deed for her.

In case you can't work it out, this is a mouse - actually half a mouse. It was left on our front door mat and was probably the work of our house god, although we're not entirely certain. He's generally too lazy to bother mice and there is a veritable pantheon of house demi-gods in our general area so it could be any one of them making an offering to our Great One.

4 comments:

skribe said...

If it was our favourite house god, it is the first time he's actually eaten part of a mouse. Normally he just frightens them to death and then gets bored when they no longer move.

ToxicPurity said...

Most of his little offerings are easy to, ahem, place reverentially in the garden. This one, on Monday the 13th, was spectacularly messy to remove and clean up after.

Icky icky icky icky icky.

Anonymous said...

I miss my house god. She answered to Valerie and loved laying on my keyboard while i tried to work. She remains in Canada, she couldn't leave her temple, and she was scared of the heat.
but alack she is missed in my new house.

skribe said...

The heat and the six weeks (or is it six months - I forget) she'd spend in quarantine.