Monday, February 14, 2005

Feline Meanderings

Our cat went missing last night. Like most sensible beasts thunder and lightning scare the willies out of him. Unfortunately, he has a way of finding a new - and harder to find - spot each time this happens. Don't worry, he came out of hiding this morning. But, while I was searching for him - until 11.30pm - I noticed, quite accidentally I assure you, that some people started their Valentine's Day celebrations a little early.

There was the couple that live in the townhouse near the washing lines. All the lights downstairs were on, but the real party was upstairs. At the same time, there was another couple almost directly opposite them that were getting it on in the shower. If you stood on the path between the two units you got it in stereo. I think at one stage they were having a competition.

I was out searching about 90 minutes and my path took me past these two units several times during the night - probably about 7-8 times. This all happened on the fifth or sixth run.

But it was the next run that was the most interesting. Evidently, the shower couple had won the contest because there wasn't even a peep from them. The clothesline couple, however were quite another matter. They were arguing. The lights were still on downstairs but they hadn't descended yet. They were going at it hammer and tong. Arguing I mean. Is it just me, or do this couple have it arsed about? Argument first, then curled toes. No wonder they lost the competition.

No comments: